Benefits to Newton
- A new public plaza with seating and attractive landscaping.
- New boutique retail shops to complement Newtonville’s current retail offerings.
- New Innovation Center with shared office and co-working spaces.
- LEED certifiable mixed-use building (Energy-efficient heating and ventilation systems, fixtures, lighting and EnergyStar appliances).
- GreenStaxx building technology (Quality modular offsite construction with less community disruption).
- Green terrace and rooftop garden.
- Bike-friendly location with secure stations and storage.
- 68 middle-income 1 and 2-bedroom apartment homes (including 23 affordable).
- Fully-accessible age-friendly design.
PARKING AND ACCESS
- 123 street-level, open-air public parking spaces (all self parking, no attendants or lifts).
- 90 secured underground parking spaces dedicated for residents and retail employees.
- State -of-the-art electronic metering, priority parking spaces for seniors, car sharing (e.g. ZipCar), and electric vehicle charging.
- Highly walkable location with supermarket, pharmacy, village shops, restaurants, and commuter rail access.
- Widened Austin Street sidewalk and improved Bram Way.